Copyright, Media Usage and Trademarks
Your Privacy Preferences: You can review and re-assess your privacy preferences at any time, by clicking here:
A. Proprietary Rights to Content: Users, viewers and/or readers of the BaseCampGuides.com Web site acknowledge that all content displayed, posted and/or transmitted from the website, including but not limited to music, sound, video, graphics, data, text, multimedia, HTML, XML, and other materials collectively known as “content” may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Users, viewers, and/or readers may use the content only as expressly authorized by BaseCampGuides.com. Users, viewers, and/or readers may not copy, store, reproduce, distribute, display, publish or create derivative works from the content without express authorization from BaseCampGuides.com. Some of the content found on BaseCampGuides.com is the property of Flattop Productions, Inc., and all such content may not be copied, downloaded or otherwise exploited without the express permission of Flattop Productions, Inc.
B. Trademarks: RoadTrip America, Phoenix One, RTA logo, Megan Edwards logo, BaseCampGuides logo, IMBRIFEX, Imbrifex.com and all other BaseCampGuides.com products and logos referenced herein and displayed on this Web site are trademarks, service marks, or registered trademarks and registered service marks of Flattop Productions, Inc. Those service marks, along with those owned by third parties may not be copied, downloaded or otherwise exploited without the express permission of Flattop Productions, Inc. or such third party service mark owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
C. Copyright Protection: BaseCampGuides.com respects copyright law and expects all of our readers/viewers to do the same. The Internet industry depends upon copyright law to enable content providers to get fairly compensated for their content. Unauthorized copying or distribution of content is an infringement of the copyright holder’s rights. BaseCampGuides.com may elect to prosecute anyone who infringes upon the copyright, or other intellectual property rights, of MeganEdwards.com, Living-Las-Vegas.com, RoadTrip America, BaseCampGuides.com, Imbrifex.com or any of the third parties affiliated with this website.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE. Copyright © 1996 – 2021,
Flattop Productions, Inc.
8275 S. Eastern Avenue, Suite 200;
Las Vegas, NV 89123 U.S.A.,
702-320-5663 All rights reserved.
D. Use of Photographs on this website: Unless a photo credit is expressly provided and/or is attached to any photograph or image found on this website, it is deemed to be the property of BaseCampGuides.com for the exclusive use by BaseCampGuides.com and subject to all forms of copyright protection.
E. Affiliate Links.
In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations, this site stipulates that it uses affiliate links and that it earns income from the qualifying purchases from those affilate links. The following notice appears next to the copyright notice, in the page footer, on every page of this site: “This site earns revenue from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, Indiebound, and other affiliate links from qualifying purchases.”
2. We collect anonymous information from your visits to BaseCampGuides.com by using the IP addresses from the Log files. We keep track of domain names but not the e-mail address, of anyone who visits our Web site. However, when you post a comment on any of the posts, we can view the e-mail address and name of the author of the comment. These e-mail addresses are not used for any purpose except to validate that the person making the comment is a real person.
3. We also collect data on some of the pages that you may visit and the information that you may submit when you use the e-mail newsletter registration form, (that page is not yet enabled, but we will be adding it soon). We may also collect data about what pages you looked at and/or access and how long you spent on the BaseCampGuides.com Web site.
4. We may collect demographic information from the answers that you post on the registration form for the periodic BaseCampGuides.com e-newsletter. In particular, we are interested what sources you used when you navigated to the BaseCampGuides.com Web site the first time and whether or not you are interested in obtaining discount coupons and/or other insider tips about the Base Camp series of books. This information is gathered for the sole reason of improving the delivery of content to you and fellow users of this Web site.
5. We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you elect to purchase a product or enter one of our contests or inquire about employment opportunities with BaseCampGuides.com
B. Sharing of Information:
1. We share aggregate information with advertisers regarding the demographics of our visitors. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
2. If you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information for the purpose of making a purchase or entering a contest, we will forward that specific information to the third parties for credit card/check processing and order fulfillment. While BaseCampGuides.com will seek to require that any such third parties will follow the appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use any part of this information except for the express purpose for which it was provided, BaseCampGuides.com does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of any third parties.
3. We may partner with another party to provide specific services. If you were to sign up for these special services, we will share the names and other contact information as is necessary for the third party to provide these services.
4. We may disclose personal identifiable information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of the law or to comply with legal process served on BaseCampGuides.com.
5. In some circumstances, usually as a result of publishing an article on BaseCampGuides.com Web site, we are contacted by individuals seeking personal identifiable information about a subject of the published article. We will only disclose this information to these specific third parties if we have received explicit permission from the subject of the query granting the release of this information.
C. Links and Forums:
2. We use e-mail links within the BaseCampGuides.com Web site to allow you to contact us directly via e-mail. We use the information provided in your e-mail to respond to your questions and comments. We may also store your comments for future reference. Your personal information is only shared with third parties with your explicit permission.
D. On-line Advertising:
1. BaseCampGuides.com uses certain third party companies to deliver advertisements and other online communication. These companies may collect and use information about the customers who click or view these advertisements. The information they collect is aggregated so as to protect the privacy of our readers, but BaseCampGuides.com does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of any third parties.
E. Cookies and other tracking technologies:
1. BaseCampGuides.com may use persistent “cookies” to store and track information on our Web site, enabling us to provide our visitors with customizable and personalized services. Such a service may include remembering preferences that you voluntarily set so we can supply the latest insider tips for living and working in Las Vegas and special promotions for Megan Edwards’ Preferred Readers Group events. Cookies are small bits of data that we send to the browser on your computer from our Web server.
2. BaseCampGuides.com supports the efforts of the Platform for Privacy Preferences Project (P3P) and may incorporate some of the tracking protocol at a future date. But we feel strongly that you have the absolute authority to control any of your personal information that is gathered on this Web site. The Web site administrator will endeavor to stay current with the technological changes associated with privacy issues to ensure that your rights to privacy while visiting this Web site are protected.
1. At present, BaseCampGuides.com does not support an internal commerce Web site, (for the purchase of Southwest regional hiking-related books and products through the use of credit cards or electronic cash). All such purchases are conducted through third parties, and SSL encryption is used when you are prompted to enter sensitive information, (such as credit card number and/or social security number).
2. While secure encryption technology is used to protect sensitive information on-line, we also protect all user information that is stored offline. Only one person, the Web site administrator, has access to the distribution list and database that we use to send the e-newsletters. A third-party company stores the e-mail addresses of subscribers to the e-newsletter in a secure and encrypted database.
3. The BaseCampGuides.com Web server is located in a locked cage in a secure facility. No unauthorized person has access of any kind to any of the BaseCampGuides.com online files.
G. Choice/Double Opt-In:
1. BaseCampGuides.com employs a “double opt-in” registration procedure for its e-mail newsletters. Upon submission of the registration form, a reader will receive a confirmation e-mail message containing a confirmation link. Clicking on the link confirms the registration, and the reader is “double opted-in.”
2. If you have registered to receive e-mail communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name and e-mail address removed from the distribution lists. Should you wish to remove your name and e-mail address, please send an e-mail requesting removal of this information to webmaster@BaseCampGuides.com
3. We also give you the option to remove your name and e-mail address upon receipt of every e-newsletter that we send to you.
H. Use of BaseCampGuides.com by children:
1. While this Web site is not directed at children, it is our intention that the content produced and published on BaseCampGuides.com be useful, entertaining and of reasonable acceptance for all ages of children and adults.
2. We are supportive and committed to comply with all applicable laws and requirements in this regard.
I. Notification of Changes:
1. This privacy statement was last updated on May 19, 2018. A notice will be posted on the BaseCampGuides.com home page for thirty (30) days whenever this privacy statement is changed. Basically, what all this means is, “What happens here, stays here.”